Innovation Center VU
Stone22 is developing the new Innovation Center on behalf of Matrix Innovation Center in the Zuidas area of Amsterdam.
Located at the site of the former Schoolwerktuinen, at the intersection of Korte Mahlerlaan and De Boelelaan, the Innovation Center will contribute to the campus development of the VU (Vrije Universiteit) and VU’s ambition to become an integral part of the Knowledge Quarter in Zuidas. The Innovation Center aims to bring together and connect knowledge-intensive companies and talents from the VU ecosystem. The low-rise building focuses on collaboration, community formation, and housing companies in the early stages of development. It will be an accessible and open building that also invites VU students to walk in and get acquainted with entrepreneurship. The high-rise volume will cater to the needs of growing companies, often with larger (international) investors, focusing on privacy and patent protection.
- The prominent location requires a building that fulfills the promise of the place and adds value to it. The warm and vibrant appearance and the appeal of the functions on the ground floor enrich this location in Zuidas.
- High sustainability ambitions, with a focus on demountability and near-energy neutrality, targeting a BREEAM Excellent certification.
- A tangible rooftop garden with mature trees and local flora, contributing to the ecological quality and promoting biodiversity of birds, insects, and more.
- Application for environmental permit in May 2024.
- Construction begins in January 2025.
- Completion and occupancy by the end of 2026.
Images: © Nudus